Ryleigh's 2 month update


Considering the fact that it's just 5 days shy of Ryleigh's 3 month birthday I probably should write her 2 month update. I'm just a tad late. So here goes:



Height & Weight:
She is 22 1/4 inches long and 12 lbs 5oz

How she is sleeping:
Most nights she will only wake up once during the night and there have been a few scattered nights that she hasn't woken up at all. I say only once because she will fall asleep at midnight and one of us is usually up at that time. For some, this may mean she wakes up twice since she will typically fall asleep at 8:30-9pm and then wake up at 12am. Then she will wake up around 3-3:30 and then again for the day at around 6:30am-7am. Since one of us is up at midnight it doesn't really seem like "waking up in the middle of the night" to us. 

How she is eating: 
She eats between 4-5 ounces every 3 hours. 

What she is loving right now:

She absolutely loves her Mamaroo. This was a gift from my wonderful cousin and it has made our lives so much easier. Ryleigh did not like the swing we had before - at all! She also doesn't like being put down in the crib or pack and play for more than a few minutes at a time. She gets very fussy and tends to cry when left alone for more than a few minutes (and by left alone I don't mean unsupervised, I just mean not holding her), and she also needed to be in a more upright position after eating. 
The mamaroo can be tilted upright so it was great for after eating and her reflux didn't bother her. The rocking motions it has (car ride setting is her favorite) and comfy pod like positioning for her soothes her right to sleep. 

all cozy in that mamaroo




She also loves her WubbaNub. When I first saw these I thought they were silly, but when I noticed her grabbing my hand when I would give her the pacifier I thought maybe it would be a good way for her to learn how to grab on to things. She now loves holding on to her little froggie and will cuddle it even if not using the paci. 
What I like the most about these is that they use the Soothie pacifiers - these are the only ones she will use AND the ones they give in the hospital. 
love that wubbanub!


Ryleigh was also very excited for a visit from her Aunt Adele!!!



What she doesn't seem to like:
She didn't like getting her vaccines, but then again who would? Giving her some sugar water right before and after seemed to help calm her down and help her forget about the pain and recover a bit faster though. 
passed out after vaccines

She still doesn't like sleeping on her back or in her crib or pack and play. We need to start working on getting her used to this. 

What Mommy is liking right now:

I know I have already stated how much we love the Mamaroo, but seriously, if there is one thing I would recommend to anyone having a baby it would be this! There were times before were it was difficult to find the time to go to the bathroom without her freaking out. Now it is much more manageable and she is a lot more content. 

What Mommy isn't liking:
Luvs diapers. I think we actually tried them last month but I forgot to mention that we had a problem with them. She's good with any diaper brand we've tried so far - Pampers, Huggies, Babies R Us, Walgreens (Well Beginnings). The only ones we had a problem with were Luvs. They made her skin really red. We switched to another one for a few days and the redness went away. Tried the Luvs again just to see if that was the problem and the redness came back. Stopped using them again - redness gone. 


Bye until next month!!