Move Nourish Believe - Week 3

As the final week of the Move Nourish Believe challenge comes to a close I'll have to admit I'm a little sad. I loved all of the challenges! The first week was awesome because it made me try out new workouts and get moving in different ways each day. The second week had me fueling my body differently each day. I tried new recipes and have now found new favorites to incorporate into every day living. And this last week had me thinking about things differently and putting life into perspective. Each challenge kept me accountable each day through social media. I love social media for this and I love the fact that the fit and healthy community on instagram, twitter, and other forms of social media continue to inspire each other to be the best people they can be. 

So onto week three of the challenge....

Day 1: Spoil Yourself! - Do something just for you today! Take a walk, go to yoga, spoil yourself!


On Monday I was actually not feeling so well and wound up staying home from work. Most of the morning was spent in bed, but when I did get up I wound up giving my self a DIY facial I found on pinterest. I LOVE pinterest for all do-it-yourself projects. I also found a pin for a detox bath and that sounded like a great way to spoil myself since I was feeling under the weather. After that was all done I curled up in bed with a book and a nice hot cup of green tea. The "me" time to relax was just what the doctor ordered. 

Day 2: 5 Mindful Minutes - Do good to your body, meditate for 5 minutes and find your zen.

To be honest I'm not really sure how to properly meditate, but I played some soothing music, sat in a relaxed position, closed my eyes and practiced some deep breathing. I had a really long, hard day at work Tuesday so I was in serious need of a de-stresser. I definitely stayed in this position taking deep relaxing breaths for more than five minutes. I may not have done it the right way, but it way soothing for me and helped me relax. I'm going to add this to my routine more often on those really stressful days. 

Day 3: Be Happy - Show us your happy place!

I really love being at the beach. I moved to Florida 4 years ago from New York because I hated the cold and loved the warmth, sunny days, and palm trees of this wonderful state. The beach has a little bit of everything for me. I love being in and around the water, although I still cannot swim well. Any kind of ocean activities are fun and enjoyable for me. Relaxing on the beach always makes me happy. The sand under your toes, the warm breeze, the sound of the waves crashing against the shore - all make me smile from the inside. And a plus, I can also enjoy my passion of running on the shoreline. 


Day 4: Thankful Thursday - Let us know what you are thankful for!

I truly have so much to be thankful for it was hard to put into one picture. I am thankful for my family. I have an amazing aunt who has been a mother figure to me. I am thankful for being united with my sister and brothers after being separated from them for 26 years. I couldn't be happier to have them in my life now. I am thankful for the friends that I have made through running, who support and encourage me in everything I do. I am thankful for running itself. I am thankful for my health, happiness, and home. I am thankful for my amazingly supportive boyfriend who believes in me even when I don't. 

Day 5: Share the love - Shout out to your #1 supporter/motivator!

I have a lot of people who support and motivate me, but my biggest supporter would have to be my boyfriend Adam. Since we've been dating he has started running with me, encouraging me every step of the way. He has started eating healthy with me as well, knowing that I have certain goals and he wanted to help me attain them. He has been there for me at every race - waking up at 2:30am if necessary to help me get ready to run and waiting almost an entire 7 hours that it took me to run the Disney Marathon this past January after pulling my achilles. He's even ran out to Wal-mart at 11pm when we stayed at my aunt's the night before a race and I realized I had forgotten my sports bra. What guys runs out to get a sports bra? When I have a bad race he supports me, encourages me, and knows the right things to say. I couldn't ask for someone more supportive. 

I know I will continue to check out movenourishbelieve.com and lornajane.com for more motivation and inspiration now that the challenge is over.