We Interrupt this regularly scheduled program for....a Margarita!

Ok, Ok. I know this post isn't about running. But I figured I'd switch it up a bit. After the Color Me Rad 5k last Saturday I made my way to the inaugural  Tampa Bay Margarita Festival. It seemed like a fun way to spend the rest of the day after this fun race, and I love Margaritas, so I thought why not?



I had heard about the Margarita Festival a few weeks before the event on Facebook. I had looked into it, but wasn't 100% sure if I was going to attend. Then there was a deal on Living Social. Two tickets for $15 (Pre-sale tickets were $15 each) for General Admission. I decided on making the purchase. 

After the Color Me Rad 5k I went home to wash all of the fun color off. Then it was time to get dressed and ready for the Margarita fest. I got ready and headed to Sara's and then we headed to Curtis Hixon park in downtown Tampa. We met up with a few other friends and went into the event.


You had to buy tickets for the drinks and each ticket was $1. The margaritas were an average around $6. (So 6 tickets per drink). This was for general admission of course. There was a VIP area as well. I believe it was $75 per person, and there were unlimited drinks and some food. 

It was a pretty hot and sunny day in Tampa and the sun was blazing down on us. I was OK with that because I don't really mind the heat - unless I'm running of course!

We walked around for a bit and noticed that the lines for the drinks were pretty long. We found a Cayman Jack tent and there weren't many people there, so we stopped by them first. They were giving away their margarita in a can for free. I was skeptical about this at first but it was actually pretty tasty and refreshing. 


Then we decided to wait on line for a "real" margarita. We got in line and waited. And waited. The lines were pretty long and slow moving. We decided to have fun with it. We chatted, hung out, and took pictures.




We drank our "real" margaritas after much time in line. And we made sure to get two - so we didn't have to wait in line again for the next one. 

The atmosphere was great and it seemed like everyone was having a good time. There was live music, and many people brought blankets or lawn chairs to sit out on the grass. 

Sara and I wandered off to find some of our Run Tampa friends. We hung out and chatted with them for a while. I danced with Johanne and Carla for a little bit - and to country music too. Who would have thought?



As the sun started to set we wandered over to sit in the grass and listened to the band play. Shortly after dark we got to watch a great display of fireworks over the Tampa skyline. I love fireworks, so any time I get to watch them I always have a good time.


According to what I've ready on Facebook, the Margarita Festival has already acknowledged the longer than pleasant lines, and says they are working on that for next year. Since that was my only complaint, I would love to attend again. Bring on the color and margaritas! Arrrrriba!!!!